Saturday 28 September 2013

Italian Baked Chicken

I have had a bit of a craving for some sort of baked chicken for a while now. I usually do chicken breasts but I thought I would change it up a bit and use boneless, skinless thighs instead.

Very easy to make and it tasted pretty good too!

Sorry about the picture.. I forgot my camera so had to use my phone and it was pretty shadowy but I was impatient to eat!


 Italian Baked Chicken


Serves 4

about 500 g boneless chicken thighs (or a mixture of thighs and drumsticks)
1 Onion, diced
3 Cloves garlic, crushed and finely diced
12 white button mushrooms, sliced
1 Cup spinach (didn't actually measure it out, just grabbed a big handful)
400 g can of tomatoes
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
a handful of grated mozzarella
Italian Parsley for garnish
salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat a fry pan and a bit of oil over a high heat.

2. Coat the chicken with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for about 5 minutes, turn and cook for a further 2 minutes (doesn't need to be cooked through, it will finish cooking in the oven). Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. 

3.  Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach to wilt (only about a minute, or less). Add the tomatoes and mixed herbs and combine.

4.  Place chicken and vegetables in a casserole dish, sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for about 20 minutes, until nice and golden and chicken cooked through.

5. Serve chicken over pasta (or rice, or with a garden salad and garlic bread, however you like!).

Nutritional Informatin

Calories 336
Carbs    19 g
Fat        16 g
Protein   33 g
Fibre      2 g



1 comment:

  1. G'day! I can't wait to try and is now on my list! I hope you will like to try this and other of your recipes at this week's #SayGdayParty Nic!
    Cheers! Joanne @What's On The List

    ReplyDelete